Become a FLF Leader
Why should you become a FLF Leader?
FLF is a global non-profit built by hundreds of passionate, skilled, and empowered individuals who volunteer their time because they believe in our work. Every location is operated semi-autonomously, with all elements of the location being planned and executed by a team of community leaders. Our small, full-time team provides ongoing support to each locations leaders throughout the entire process or starting and running a location, from systems management, advice on best practices, facilitating connections, and more.
- Be a part of the vision to build a global community of hungry startups and entrepreneurs.
- Join us on our mission to feed the hungry startups and entrepreneurs that feed our global economy.
- Help us create the connective tissue among global startup communities.
- Work with our proven framework, systems, and processes for your location.
- Let FLF assign an Account Manager to equip, empower, and support your location.
- Utilize our website platform to help manage your location
- We provide key marketing materials to promote your location: t-shirts, stickers, signage, and more.
- Access the FLF corporate team for the support of your location.
- Access a global network of speakers
- Work with FLF to bring in requested speakers for your location on a case by case basis provided by American Airlines.
- Pre & Post Production of Monthly FLF talks
- Global Distribution of FLF talks that can promote and bring attention to your community.
- Help us create and share regular content that can inspire, educate, and empower our global community of entrepreneurs.
- Get inspired by listening to some of the best startups and entrepreneurs tell their stories of struggle, survival and success.
- 20 min FLF Talks for free!
- Learn from practitioners with real world Experience
FLFU (Coming soon):
FLFU is transforming the way we inspire, educate, and empower the startups and entrepreneurs of our world, From weekly FLF talks to curriculum, courses, and more, we stop at nothing to feed our community with the things they need to build incredible companies, put people to work, and change the world
- Entrepreneurial Curriculum & Classes (Coming Soon)
- Online & Offline facilitation (Coming Soon)
- Action based learning (Coming Soon)
- Global Collaborative Learning (Coming Soon)
- Free Classes & Curriculum in your community (Coming Soon)
- Scholarships (Coming Soon)
- Connect with key influencers and leaders from around the world
- Become a key leader within your community that works to connect all the resources and people to drive and sustain your local economy
- Let us help you connect with global resources that can benefit your startup community
- Connect with other hungry startups and entrepreneurs on a consistent basis both in your community and across Global FLF communities.
- (Coming Soon) Join us for quarterly and yearly Campfires, conferences, and workshops where FLF Leaders gather from around the world to share, cross pollinate, brainstorm, and work together to change the world.
- Startups need capital to grow, scale, and put people to work - we can help through our connections
Why do we need local FLF Leaders?
The bottom line, we believe that startups and entrepreneurs drive our global economy but it starts with real people and community. To be successful, every FLF location needs to be started and run by a team of local leaders that we train, equip, and empower.
So, what does it take to start a new FLF location?
Starting a successful FLF location is no simple feat: it requires a serious long term commitment and vision for your community. It also requires a solid team and good amount of time, energy, hustle, to put it all together. As an FLF leader, you are responsible for nearly all aspects of starting and running a great location, including the following:
- Founding the FLF location
- Finding a co-founder
- Building the local FLF team
- Choosing a launch date for your location
- Choosing the right venue
- Reaching out to speakers for your monthly FLF talk
- Inviting new people into the startup community
- Promoting the event to the community. We will provide you with promotional materials including: templates, t-shirts, flyers, etc.
- Facilitating the monthly location
- Producing monthly FLF talks that get curated and pushed out to www.freelunchfriday.com, for free! See here
- Sourcing community sponsorships, donations, and fundraising efforts to help cover your FLF location operating budget. The standard operating budget for a location is around 500 dollars per month which covers food and beer.
- Sourcing food, beer and any other suppliers.
Are you still hungry to be a FLF leader? Here is what’s next.
- Check our map to see if your location is currently on our launch schedule for 2013. If you don't see your city listed, please enter your city name in our FLF leader application.
- Attend a current FLF location if possible
- Read our rules and requirements: We hate rules as much as any other entrepreneur but we also know that to run a successful, scalable organization we need to set expectations for each member of our extended team.
- Go through our design and training process
- Prepare for your launch
Apply here to be an FLF leader